Heather Horton’s work focuses on internal states, contemplative narratives and often has a personal connection to her own life.
She was born and raised in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. She attended McMaster University where she received a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. She then went on graduate from the well-respected Interpretive Illustration program at Sheridan College.
Heather has been exhibiting regularly since 2004 when she joined Abbozzo Gallery, and has had numerous solo and group exhibitions over the years. Her most recent solo exhibition was in Chicago, Illinois in June 2018 titled “Near and Dear”.
- Heather’s work can be found in private and corporate collections worldwide.
- A selection of her paintings is now a part of the permanent collection at the Canadian Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, as well as part of the Government of Ontario's permanent collection.
- Several of Horton’s paintings can be seen in the Lionsgate film “A Simple Favor”, starring Blake Lively, Anna Kendrick, and directed by Paul Feig.
- Heather has been profiled by Bravo! Canada series The Artist’s Life.
- She is represented by Abbozzo Gallery in Toronto, Ontario, Canada